Chippenham Town Morris Men
In the 30 plus years we have been together, we have had some exciting and
some bizarre bookings. Here are some:
If you have an event, whether normal or bizarre, check our bookings page
for details of how to contact us. Or click here for our top ten
reasons why we do it.
- Pop video for Men Without Hats hit single The Safety Dance
- BBC Top Gear, dancing in Castle Combe by a sports car
- The half time entertainment for the finals of the European Interceltic Wrestling Championships!
- Crinkly Bottom theme park - yes the Mister Blobby one
- Hazlebury Manor stately home
- Bristol Zoo - they didn't keep us in
- The film "Savage Hearts" with Maryam D'Abo, Richard Harris, Jerry Hall and Angus Deayton
- In St Andrew's Church dancing in front of nuns for a "Folk Service"
- Littlecote Manor stately home/fun park
- Being awarded the Golden Bucket by Terry Pratchett for our interpretation of his
Stick & Bucket Dance. See news
- Dancing in a supermarket full of bemused shoppers during a festival in Blain, France
- Dancing in the almost empty bar of a health club - the organisers hadn't told anybody
they had entertainment on
- Dancing on Channel 5 reality TV programme The Farm
- Dancing in Hungary at a "Hunter's Fair" which consisted of archery items, rifles and sweets for sale, plus a SWAT team re-enactment.
- Being filmed for House Hunters International, an American reality TV show about people moving from California to Wiltshire.
- Dancing as the entertainment following a one-act play competition in Swindon.
- Being the only two-legged entertainment at a horse fair in Brittany.
- One that got away. We were asked to dance for Tatler Magazine at the Ritz. Sadly the cost of train fares made it impossible.